Friday, July 29, 2011

Manning to Carroll

Wi-fi has been a little scarce this week, but I am finally catching up a little in Victor, Iowa...thank you, nicely air-conditioned Cooperative Telephone Company!

Monday's ride was to Carroll, but I think Mark and I were the only ones who actually went there out of our group.  The rest of the gang stayed in Willey, the last town out.  But we all started out together at Deb's Corner Cafe in Manning.  

Looking respectable.
Breakfast is my favorite meal.
I'll take Column A.  

At Deb's Cafe.
 We also did some laundry, and when we got it back, we had one more pair of underwear than when we started.
If the underwear fits...
 I guess we stole someone's underwear!  Whoops.
Ragbrai festivities.
 You could take a quiz about the U.S.  Constitution...


I did pretty good! Here's my Constitution. 
Then there was some entertainment in the park...

Nuns on the Run!
 Taking off from Manning, we found ourselves in Ragbrai bike traffic.

We didn't get too far, though, because we had to stop and visit this historic German barn.  

On the road again...the highest point on the ride!  

 A cold beer on the back actually feels GREAT...
it is SO HOT OUT HERE!!!

Reunited with old friends...
LJ, me, Terry!

Most delicious sweet corn ever!  Went back for thirds.

Sweet corn ladies.  
Met a woman celebrating her retirement (and training for the annual Portland Marathon) by riding across Iowa...go Bonnie!
Mark, recent retiree Bonnie, and Mike.

So Iowa.

At the festivities in Carroll with unknown corn-head man.

No comments: